The Swarty's

The Swarty's
Leah, Pete, Nora, Henry, Chloe & Hula Girl

Saturday, June 28, 2008

What is Nora doing now?

So, I hear the question "what is Nora doing now?" quite a bit. I love to hear the question as I am so proud and excited about our little Nora. I figured a lot of people are interested in what she is doing so I will write an update regarding that question. As many of you know, Nora started walking right after her 1st birthday in March. In April while vacationing in Maui, Nora started to run... well, that is all she does now. She seriously is as fast as a cheetah (I think they are fast). All we do is chase her. Let me tell you it is super fun but man alive my butt is out of shape! Thank God it has allowed me to lose about 3 pounds--we need to times that by 8 or 9 then I will be looking HOT (well not hot, but good). In addition to walking/running Nora is also using some sign language that she is learning(ed) at school. She signs more, please and all done. It is the best ever. She also enjoys blowing kisses to just about anyone (especially old men-is that weird?). Nora says ball, this, that, mama, dadda, yeah, woofs at dogs (and most other animals), pa (for Grandpa), and.... that is about it. She babbles like crazy though. I think she will be speaking very soon. I am excited for her to start talking but I have a feeling that it will never stop..... Guess that runs on the Olson side. Nora also likes to smell flowers and feet. Yes, I know the feet thing is weird but it is funny. Nora also is able to identify certain body parts like nose, feet, toes, eyes, ears etc. What else???? Oh most of you will find it shocking that she is loud... I have NO idea where she gets her loudness from-do you? Well, I cannot think of anything else except for the fact that Pete and I are totally in love with her. She makes us laugh all of the time, she makes us proud and so happy!

Others have asked what her stats are. At her 15 month check in June she weighed 20 lbs 2 oz and was 29 1/2 inches tall (about half my height).... she is in the 25% for just about everything. That is pretty darn good for our preemie.

Now that I have babbled and used horrible grammar... I am done with this post. I will do better at updating about her milestones etc. I need to find the camera to upload some pictures now. We were up at the lake last weekend!

No comments: