
Nora got sick last Thursday (well Weds night). Pete went out of town for work on Wednesday night. I woke up Thursday morning, got ready, did everything necessary to get myself to work and Nora to school. At 745 Nora woke up (and I REALLY was ready for the day-amazing) and was boiling hot. I took her temp at it was over 102. I called the doctor got us an appointment, called work and told them Nora was sick and called her school... I thought for sure she had an ear infection. Before the doctor appointment we played outside and she was doing great until she skinned her knee (see above photo). We went to the doctor and the doc said it was just a virus..... OK.... So, Thursday night comes around and Nora will not eat and she begins crying and screaming like a mad woman. I took her temp at it was 103.5. I was so scared.. She has never had that high of a temp. I give her Motrin and she passes out in her crib. I call the doctors office (thank God for the Edina office being open) and talk to a sweet nurse. She was calm and walked me through a few things etc. She also said if Nora's temp did not go down w/in an hour that I may need to take her to the ER... OK, panic sets in... I call my parents and tell them to be ready to go with me etc. Nora woke up at 630pm- I put her in the bath to cool her off--she just screams which is odd because Nora loves to be in the bathtub. Her temp didn't go down. The nurse called me at 7 to get Nora's temp info etc. and Nora was eating blueberries. The nurse said to let her eat as much as she wants and drink lots and take her temp again. Thankfully at 8 pm it was down to 102 ish.... Whew... I had to take her temp in the middle of the night and give her Motrin. Next day we get up and she is still sick with a fever. Again at dinner time the fever spikes. I put her in the tub and she started shivering. I got nervous so I called my neighbor who is a nurse. She came right over and checked Nora out. She spent 30 mins with us and assured me she was fine but I need to watch her. Nora woke up at 245 am and was up until 430.... She had a 102.7 fever. The next morning (Saturday) she still had the fever... I called the doc office and they had me take her in. They looked at her ears etc and things looked great. They were concerned that she had a UTI so they told me that they were going to draw some blood and put a catheter in her to check her urine. I was like WHAT! Well, they had to do it....I have never heard a kid scream so loud in my life. Nora was freaking out. The first nurse couldn't get the catheter in so another one had to do it. I do have to say they did the transfer seamlessly though. Nora was MAD! After they are done I pick Nora up to snuggle her and she pees all over me. Then the next nurse comes in to take her blood and Nora gave her the look of death. She got the blood. Then the doc comes in to give us our results and she literally stood by the door as she knew Nora would scream if she came any closer.... Nora did not have a UTI--she had a virus.... Well, the virus was roseola. Her fever broke last night and she now is covered in a lovely rash. I am delighted the worst of it is over.
4 comments:
My poor little baby...
Oh poor Nora! She must have felt terrible.
I am so glad she is on the downhill side of this. Give her some hugs & kisses for me.
Oh my gosh! What a scary weekend for you guys. How long will her rash last? How the heck did she get it?
Post a Comment