I cannot believe summer is half over... We have a ton of fun this summer! We have spent a fair share of our weekends up at the lake, we have made countless trips to the park, a few trips to the local beach in town, gone on several walks, celebrated birthdays, hung out with friends... the lost could go on. This summer has been fun thus far.
2 1/2 is by far the best age we have experienced with Nora. I realize I have made that comment many times throughout Nora's life but man alive, this age rules! Of course we have the challenging 2 year old moments but the funny times outshine the challenging times. Nora loves to ask "why?" and "where?" She still likes to shake her booty and dance with her hands on her hips. Her music of choice is George Jones the old country singer-we can thank my dad for turning her on to him. Nora has always been fairly social which is fun however the past few weeks she has really come out of her shell. She says hi to most people who walk by our house or will talk to kids she doesn't know. Of course we still have our shy moments which consist of her covering her eyes (I think she thinks since she can't see neither can anyone else). Nora's favorite store is Byerly's and same with her favorite restaurant. We drive by and she insists that we go it. We eat at Byerly's at least once a week. Thank God their prices aren't bad. Nora has a routine at Byerly's. We walk in and pick out whatever type of cart she is in the mood for. Then we go immediately to the meat counter where Doug, the Butcher and Carolyn Sutherland (Leslie and Kristina's mom) boyfriend works. Nora has to hug him and flirt with him for a few minutes. She now has the entire meat department trained. If he is gone, they tell us. If he is in the back, they get him etc.... It is comical. After her flirting with Doug it is tough to get her back in the cart. However, the bakery is at the end of our journey through Byerly's and they give the kiddos cookies.... Of course, 90% of the time Nora gets a cookie. There is one gal that always gives her a HUGE cookie which is sweet but not right before dinner :) Nora also loves to play "mommy." She has an arsenal of dolls/babies. She cares for them in such a sweet manner. She rubs their backs when it is nap time, takes them on walks (for real), rubs their feet, consoles them when they cry. It is amazing that a little girl knows what to do! She also likes real babies too. She sees them and goes and rubs their feet or says "SHHHH cute baby sleeping." I love it. She also talks about all of our friends babies all of the time. So sweet. One last thing then I will let you all look at the pictures! Nora did her first embarrassing thing to me. Nora understands that big bellies on women can mean pregnancy (one of her teachers at school is pregnant). We were at Target last week and she saw a heavy set women and yells "Baby in your tummy!" I ignore what she says then she says "Mommy--Baby in her tummy." as she is pointing at the woman. I pulled my hat down and hit the gas on the cart.... Gotta love kids!
Somehow this picture of Mirabella and Jenny is stuck up here and won't move... It is out of sequence. Darn blogger. At least they both are cute....

We went to see my Grandma last weekend in Alexandria. We had a nice visit. The girl in pink is Nora's new baby, Carly.....
Chloe chillin on the back of the boat 4th of July weekend.
Red, white and blue!
Makayla turned 1 at the end of June. We were invited to her birthday celebration. We had a nice time. Missy invited all of the kids to dig into Makayla's cake which was sweet and pretty darn funny to watch!

Of course Nora is stuffing her face!




Makayla is giving Maddie the stare down..."Whatcha doing eating my cake, girl?"
Nora was shy about eating the cake at first but warmed up in about a minute...


Daddy and Nora. Oh I forgot to write in the main area regarding this topic. Nora remains a Daddy's girl... She insists that he puts her to bed every night. After our bedtime routine Nora says "Mommy leave. Daddy and Nora sleep together." It is funny but sometimes my feelings get hurt then I realize she is 2!
The following photos are of Nora and Maddie and their photo shoot. So cute! Same cover ups and crocs....





Little Makayla! So sweet.


I love that Maddie had to wear her goggles.

Nora and her buddy Chloe.

Nora on Father's Day at Lola's.

Nora poopin' before Father's Day brunch. Speaking of poop.. Nora has been doing a great job of going potty on the big girl!
When Pete was in Vegas last month, Nora and I went to the beach. She was so proud to have a lunch box with her... Below, she is modeling. I asked her to go put on her shoes and look what she put on. Totally beach appropriate!





Little Makayla! So sweet.

I love that Maddie had to wear her goggles.

Nora and her buddy Chloe.


Nora on Father's Day at Lola's.

Nora poopin' before Father's Day brunch. Speaking of poop.. Nora has been doing a great job of going potty on the big girl!

When Pete was in Vegas last month, Nora and I went to the beach. She was so proud to have a lunch box with her... Below, she is modeling. I asked her to go put on her shoes and look what she put on. Totally beach appropriate!


5 comments:
She is easily the cutest child around!!
Nora is so cute and funny! I love the baby in the belly story!!
She is really growing up. I sure miss all of you.
A round of hugs, kisses and handshakes as appropriate.
XX-OO-XX
Love,
Wil
I love that Doug was mentioned on the blog (and the rest of us for that matter). I also love the beer can in Makayla's birthday pics!
The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.
Thanks
Post a Comment