The Swarty's

The Swarty's
Leah, Pete, Nora, Henry, Chloe & Hula Girl

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Disney and Orlando 2009!

April 7th-12th we had a family vacation to Orlando. I went on the 5th for work and Pete braved flying alone with Nora on the 7th. Both of them did a great job. Nora was a little freaked out at the end of the flight because of some bad turbulence. The winds were wild that day. However, both daddy and Nora survived their flight together. We stayed at the Omni at Champions Gate where Pete played a short round of golf, we spent some fun time at the pool and lazy river, had some fabulous dinners, I was lucky enough to get a massage and mostly we enjoyed hanging out with each other. We went Disney World on Thursday the 9th. We are so glad that we decided to go and are happy with our decision to only go one day. We all had fun taking in the scene, eating junk food and of course seeing Mickey and Minnie.... Well, we (Nora) didn't like it at the time but then realized how neat it was. She did cry when it came time to "meet" Mickey and Minnie. The minute we left them she asked us where they went... I could ramble about each detail of the trip but I will stop and simply let you take in the lovely photos below. There are several and for you fellow bloggers you can appreciate the difficulty of arranging multiple photos hence the photos are in not particular order.
We stayed on the 16th floor of the hotel. One morning when we got up we noticed some hot air balloons outside our door. It was pretty cool seeing these things but also somewhat scary as they appeared to be heading towards our building and how do they stop!

Waiting at the airport to go home
On the plane


Nora at the pool. She is just too dang cute.


All greased up and ready to hit the pool (or were we back?)



"Golfing" at the resort


More than likely Nora will go pro



Nice form




Flag girl




My little sweetheart



She looks so grown up




Yes, I was obsessed with getting some cute pictures of her




Carefree









The pool was completely kid friendly and had lots of kid activities. They had a hoola hoop contest one day







Ready to hit the pool



RX sunglasses... already?


Lazy river. Good thing we look so relaxed



Lets go people











Minnie's house

OOOH Mickey and Minnie. From the TOT area




The family with Mickey and Minnie. Nora looks thrilled huh?


























Plutos house which is outside of Mickey's house. Clearly I screwed something up with the upload of the pictures. Oh well.

























Mickey's bedroom




















Mickey's bedroom 2




















Mickey's bedroom 3




















Mickey's family room


Playing on the slide. Nora preferred playing on the various parks over anything else






We're not lying... Nora was scared

What up?

Pooh's Park

Main St.
The Parade
The rental stroller. Pretty nice for $15!

3 comments:

Jordan said...

Looks like a fun trip, I love the pic of mommy and her lil sweetheart. And don't worry Nora, that Pinnochio kind of creeps me out too... :)

Ha'kah said...

I want those cute little legs~

Kristin Olson said...

Looks like Nora had a ball on her trip to Disney! I like the picture of Leah's shadow when Nora is sitting on the steps! :) Nora is a doll, as always!