The Swarty's

The Swarty's
Leah, Pete, Nora, Henry, Chloe & Hula Girl

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Belly pictures and pregnancy update

Here is the progress the belly has made the past 27 weeks (latest picture is at 26 weeks). I cannot believe I only have 13 weeks to go unless history repeats itself and then I only have 7-8 weeks left. Let’s hope I have 10-13 weeks left! Anyway, I have felt very good the entire pregnancy just like I did with Nora and feel very fortunate for that. This pregnancy has been treated with a bit more caution than my pregnancy with Nora. Early on I had some bleeding so I needed to get a couple of ultrasounds-both were good. Early on, I was told that I could not travel after 24 weeks. Thankfully at my 24 week appointment I received clearance to travel for at least another 4 weeks. I will see Dr. Chow at 28 weeks and he will determine if I can travel at that time. I will see him every 2 weeks starting at 28 weeks then at 34 weeks I will see him weekly. Hopefully I can travel (not by air) up until 32 weeks like he suggested I may be able to do. I have some other restrictions as well but nothing too crazy. I receive a shot called P17 on a weekly basis , this shot should help keep the baby in longer. It isn’t too bothersome, some nurses are better at injecting it than others. The only annoyance is that the needle is rather long and it takes two minutes to inject it…. Nothing major, really. All in all things are going well (knock on wood).

Nora is absolutely adorable in every way but is extra cute when it comes to this baby. She is so excited to be a big sister. She enjoys talking to the baby, especially in the morning to say good morning and at night to say good night. She kisses my tummy and expresses her love to the little one too. Every few nights when we get home she asks “do you want to feel the baby kick?” I respond with a yes and she runs to the sofa to grab 2 pillows, lays them on the ground then runs to her room and grabs two of her blankets so the baby can have one and so can she. We lay on the ground and wait for the baby to kick. It is so cute. One morning she was feeling the baby and it kicked her 2 times really hard and she kind of got scared and told me that I needed to feel it not her…. If you ask her if she is going to have a sister or brother, she typically responds with a sister and she has named her Lola. However, she did say a brother a week or so ago and named him Tommy. Last night she called the baby Tuna La La….. hmmmm. Nora is very curious about changing diapers and feeding babies. I truly believe she will be a tremendous help and a marvelous big sister.

9 weeks
19 weeks


26 weeks


There is another picture sometime between 9 and 19 but I cannot find it. I look just lovely in the attire I chose for the 19 and 26 week pictures....

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

So cute---both your belly shots and Nora about the baby and becoming a big sis! She'll be a great one, boy or girl!

The Swimnizzies said...

Love the belly! Have Pete give it some kisses from me!

The Swimnizzies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jordan said...

Love the belly shots! So cute!