It’s a boy or so we think….. The reason it’s boy is that we have absolutely NO solid names for a boy. None. Zero. Zilch. There are some great names out there but none that are striking us as the right one OR someone else already has it OR we don’t agree…. However, it’s not that we don’t agree really because neither of us is really set on one name…. At my 30 week check up yesterday, we posed the question to Dr. Chow about good names for boys. I mean really, he delivers kids for a profession we were sure he has heard a good name or 2. When I asked him for a suggestion, he looked at me funny like, for real? And his reply was “Dick.” Isn’t that classic? Pete and I have giggled over it a few times. So, if we have a boy, his name will be Dick. Like Doc Chow said, he will put in his IPhone “LS having a Dick.”
Speaking of yesterday’s appointment…. Things are looking pretty darn good. After my bout with contractions earlier in the month, I was told not to travel to Omaha. Of course we were bummed out to miss out on a trip there to see family and friends but we didn’t think it was worth the chance of me getting stuck down there (not that Omaha is bad… I just would rather be home) and/or I did not want to be put on bed rest. After my 28 week appointment I was told I could travel in MN just not out of state. So thankfully we can still go to the lake for the next at least 2 weeks if we desire.
Nora is still as cute as can be when it comes to this baby. She still loves to kiss my tummy and to feel the baby kick. Some kicks still startle her a bit as they do me at times too. It really is fun to watch her curiosity and love build for this baby. As I have mentioned in past posts, she was adamant that we were having a girl and she named her Lola. Now, she is talking more boy… However the names are not really flowing out of her mouth for boys either. Tuna La La was one suggestion…. At least that’s better than Dick.
The Swarty's
Leah, Pete, Nora, Henry, Chloe & Hula Girl
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
LOL!
When in doubt, name him after both his grandfathers. Its an instant ego builder for both of them.
LS is having a Dick.. I am laughing!
Big Ronnie Larry Swarty...I love it!
I would like to go on record saying that I think you are having another girl!! We are struggling with boy names too... I sympathize!
Post a Comment