The Swarty's

The Swarty's
Leah, Pete, Nora, Henry, Chloe & Hula Girl

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

First trip to the dentist....

I never imagined that I would be posting Nora's first trip to the dentist at age 14 months.... Well, I am. Yesterday morning Nora and I were hanging out in the kitchen. She was busy taking Tupperware out of the drawers and I was cleaning up after breakfast. Nora was being silly and pulled my pajama pants down and starting spanking me. It was very funny. After a minute or so of her doing that I slowly turned around to see if she was still holding onto my pants so I could pull them back up. When I turned, she must have thought I was going to chase her or tickle her or something because she made a quick pivot while starting to run.... That's when the face plant into the hardwood floor occurred. She cried for a few minutes. After some consoling from me and owie bunny she was fine. We were playing in the family room when noticed something different about her smile. I picked her up and looked in her mouth and she was/is missing 1/3 of her front tooth. I called the doctor who instructed me to call our family dentist. I called the dentist and they were kind enough to squeeze us in. Dr. Brimacomb (my dentist since age 4 or 5) said that she more than likely will have a discolored (black tooth) until her permanent teeth come in between ages 6 and 8. The tooth is also very sharp but we can deal with that later if it is bothersome. Now when we go visit Leslie & Jacob in GA, Nora will fit right in! hahaha. To top off our day, Nora spiked a 102.3 fever. She had been running a low grade fever all weekend but it got high on Monday afternoon. We brought her into the doctor and they said no ear infection but possibly strep--no strep but a virus. Meaning, I am home today with her. She only slept 4 hours last night.... Poor kid. Lets hope tomorrow is better.
Nora and Dr. Brimacomb. I had the bad camera again but look at Nora's adorable smile!

2 comments:

The Swimnizzies said...

I guess that means you are going to plan a visit to ATL? I would try to dispute Leah's claim, but I work with too many people that have missing teeth to comment!

The Morelli Mafia said...

Fricking hilarious comment at the Swimnizzies expense!! Love it :) Miss you Lester!!!