The Swarty's

The Swarty's
Leah, Pete, Nora, Henry, Chloe & Hula Girl

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Where have we been?

So, I have received a few comments about not updating our blog. I deserve them as I hound other bloggers when they do not update their blogs.... Anyway, I will not be posting any photos this update. Here is an update to why perhaps the blog has not be updated.

We returned from Maui the morning of 4/21. That week Nora went to school and had to be picked up early on Tuesday and Thursday due to being overly upset and crying whenever she was not being held. We chalked this up to be separation anxiety since she had us for 12 days straight. I also took her at the doctor to see if her ear infection was cleared up or not. On Tuesday it was. However, the Dr. said she was teething like crazy (4 molars). She did not sleep through the night at all the entire time we were in Maui or the first week back. After the tough week at school then a tough weekend, we decided to get her a doctors appointment for Monday 4/28. Wouldn't you know it, she had ANOTHER ear infection. I called Pete and said "in a way I am happy that she has an ear infection as it explains why she has been so upset lately." Dr. L changed her antibiotic and miraculously Tuesday night she started sleeping through the night again... On Thursday I went to Phoenix for work. Pete said she did pretty good while I was gone. She had one tough night. Other than that she was fabulous! On Monday night we had to go to Nora's school to drop off some stuff for the Library they are creating. I checked her mailbox and there was a letter to the parents of her classroom that a child had been diagnosed with Hand Foot Mouth Disease. I was like WHAT? I thought it was like Foot and Mouth in animals. Anyway, it is totally different from that. Nora had a fever on Monday but we chalked it up to a cold..... Tuesday morning, Pete dropped Nora off at school. Within about 30 minutes he was called by her teacher stating that she thought Nora got HFMD. Pete went directly to the school to pick her up. We went to the doctor and he confirmed she had it. Long story short, thankfully Nora only got a few blisters on her hands and feet. She did not get the painful blisters in her mouth. She was out of school all day Tues and Weds. She is back in action today! I feel so badly for the kids who get it and the school. Two other children at her school contracted E. Coli from a family farm. Thankfully the kids were only at school for a couple of hours and the school handled the situation beautifully. Now, can we get to summer so MAYBE this yucky viruses can go away?????

I promise to post some photos soon. Nora is getting big and she gets smarter and smarter every day. She is the brightest sunshine in our lives. Despite the ear infections, HFMD etc Nora has been in a darn good mood. If I had all of that stuff I doubt I would be as happy as she has been.

4 comments:

Paradise Driver said...

I am glad the HFMD was caught early. There is a major outbreak of that in China and there have been 25+ deaths.

With those new molars, she'll be eating lots of new foods.

Give her a big hug and kiss for me.

&hearts to y'all.

Davenport Family said...

Oh my!!!! Poor Nora- I hope everything gets better!!

Meyer Family said...

Oh my goodnes! Poor kiddo. I was wondering what happened to you guys. I hope Miss Nora is feeling better soon.

The Morelli Mafia said...

Oh no!!!! Poor Nora!! :(